Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

If I didn't have plans tonight.  I would be going here.


Sophie Blackall draws inspiration for her illustrations from Missed Connections.  Her spin manages to be whimsical and filled with sweet, innocent longing.  I've mentioned how much I love her before.
 
I don't go in big for Valentine's Day.  It's tough if you happen to be my sweetheart because the holiday comes so quickly after Christmas and my birthday!  Plus, it just puts unneeded pressure on everyone involved.  We prefer smaller, more heartfelt gestures at The Works.
Tonight I'm making dinner, which isn't that out of the ordinary, but I might light a few candles and put out a tablecloth.  When we were first dating, I'd invite my sweetheart over for dinner in the middle of the week as an excuse to see him!  Also, for me, cooking a meal  is the ultimate way that I can express my love for someone. 

What ever you end up doing today, I hope you are feeling loved!





No comments: