Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm a terrible blogger

When I moved into my new place, I had grand plans to feature all kinds of DIY projects here on the blog.  I would document each before and after, each decision, each purchase.
Does anyone notice something missing here?  Yup.  A lot.  I have yet to really achieve these lofty goals.
I have no "before", but I can show you an "after".  Here it is:


I found these bedside tables on the street.  (I know a lot of you will cringe when you read this, what with the bedbug scare and whatnot.  I know.  But I'm a garbage picker, always have been and always will be.)  These were pretty grimy and beat up when I rescued them, but I could see their potential right away.  
I considered refinishing them and staining them, but my bedroom was looking a little dark and masculine with dark walls and a dark wood dresser already, so I went with paint.  I also was torn between a seafoam green or just white, so I picked something in between.  It's Mint Fizz from Behr.  In this picture, it's a little hard to see.  It's very, very subtle, but I like it.
See those handles?  I don't know why they're crooked.  The holes in the drawer seem straight and the other hardware didn't look crooked, but these are.  No idea.


I also decided to pull out all the stops and line the drawers.  I went a little overboard at Papermojo.com in December and used one of the beautiful papers I bought to line the drawer.  Just a little double stick tape on the bottom and it's a world of difference.

Full disclosure on the bedroom as soon as the headboard is built!



No comments: