Thursday, September 02, 2010

You thought I forgot?

It's Labor Day weekend, the unofficial end to summer, and I have two items to check off my list!

First was the P.S. 1 summer warm up. I was about to throw in the towel on this one when I received an invitation to my friend's birthday. He and his wife live in LIC and they started the evening off here, at P.S. 1.

I guess the party really gets started after dark, but we went around 4pm and the courtyard was full of young people and families, young children frolicking in the wading pools. The museum is open and you can buy a beer and wander around. It was fun and there was an incredible vibe from the crowd - relaxed and engaged at the same time. Maybe I'll try to go more often next summer.

The big news, however, is that I finally finished my quilt!!!! I knew that by putting it on my list and giving myself a deadline, I would buckle down and get it done.



It's far from perfect. I didn't really know what I was doing. Many of the lines are crooked and some of the squares don't quite line up, but it's just as I imagined it would be.

I can honestly say that I've never been more excited/satisfied with anything I've ever made. Never. When I took it out of the dryer- all fluffy and puckered up like a quilt should be - I giggled. I actually laughed out loud. And I clutched it to my heart and grinned like a fool all the way home from the laundromat.


Not a bad way to (unofficially) end the summer. Not at all.












2 comments: