Thursday, July 15, 2010

She and Him and Me and You


On the 4th I twisted a few people's arms to come with me to Governor's Island. It was, in my opinion, the most perfect NYC 4th of July ever.

Just one quick (free) ferry ride and you're on the island. It's so incredibly peaceful and quite. You feel as if you've left the city. We opted not to rent bikes because you can only have them for two hours, but instead we walked to Picnic Point and (what else?) had a picnic!

Spread out on a blanket, I gazed at the Statue of Liberty and dozed, on and off, for about 3 hours. Then it was time for ice cream from Blue Marble.

The real objective of the day was to attend the free concert. She & Him were playing at the Water Taxi Beach and the were so delightful. Zoey made me want to go out and buy a couple of headbands and a ukulele. She's so freakin' cute. (There are no picture 'cause we were so far away. The sound was great though.)


After catching the last ferry at 7pm, we headed to a rooftop party to watch some fireworks (again, no pictures). By the end of the night, I was absolutely floating on air and having a total I *heart* NYC moment.
It was just perfect.

It's been nearly two weeks and I keep dreaming of going back to Governor's Island. This weekend is the Jazz Age Lawn Party, which is on the list.
Anyone want to go?

No comments: