Monday, June 14, 2010

USA vs France vs Italy vs England


Oooh did I have a busy week!!
It started with going to see the remastered version of the Jean-Luc Godard film, "Breathless." It's been playing at the Film Forum and the run is extended, so run out and go see it this weekend!! I had seen it for the first time 12 years ago, and I think, for me, it has held up over time.


I was so in love with Jean Seberg's look when I was 21 (you do the math) that I went out and cut my hair exactly like hers. I mean, look at that adorable cowlick! And the t-shirt with the sleeves rolled up and the little black pants! I wanted to look like her in every scene in the movie. The sunglasses! The eyeliner! The stripes! Oh, dear..... makes me want to go an buy one of these.


Before the show, we went to John's Pizzeria. It's one of my top 10 in NYC for pizza. It very much hit the spot, but for me, it was more about the atmosphere.


John's has been there since 1929 and the interior hasn't changed much. It's cheep and it's fast and it's super, super tasty so I recommend it for a pre-movie dinner any night.


Theeeeennnn..... on Saturday I went to the Bohemian Beer Garden in Astoria to watch the USA vs. England World Cup game. It was a snooze of a game, but the Beer Garden is a great place to watch. You have to get there super early to get a table, but it's so much fun and the food is outstanding. I had potato pancakes and they rocked. I'm going to try to go back for a least one more game during the World Cup festivities.

Coming up.... I do actual knitting!! I'm swatching to new(ish) yarns for which I have planned new designs. I'm very excited!!!

1 comment:

Veronique said...

I went out and bought an International Herald Tribune T shirt when I saw the movie :)