Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Winners!

How was your Oscars? Mine was tons of fun, but I really enjoyed hearing the answers to my question:
"What is the most famous movie you've never seen?"

This is IMDB's top 10 as voted by their users. I tooled around the ol' internet looking at lots of lists. Some of them were very esoteric, some of them were based purely on box office earnings. I picked IMDB because it was the most democratic.

1. The Shawshank Redeption
2. The Godfather
3.The Godfather: Part 2
4. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
5.Pulp Fiction
6. Schindler's List
7. 12 Angry Men
8. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
9. Star Wars: Episode V
10. The Dark Knight

I'm not so sure how happy I am about this list, because some really famous movies aren't on it, but it's all in good fun. Mine is #8, by the way. Though I have read the book - does that count?

I think Heather definitely wins. How about some sock yarn, Heather? I have some amazing hand-dyed, soy based sock weight yarn that is in a very Heather color way. E-mail me your address and I'll send it your way.


Also, I am another kind of winner. I scored these amazing boots on ebay. I've seen them here, and here and I really wanted a pair! Pretty good for $40, no?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Goodness me! I won!

I'd like to thank my parents for basically letting me do my own thing, (as long as it didn't cost them any money.) My hectic work schedule which means I have very little time off and my lack of income meaning that trips to the cinema are a luxury that I simply can't budget for! And to the academy members for voting for me - I love you all!

Thanks for the offer of the yarn - I was just joking when I asked about a prize! But if you really want to get rid of it...... heather_aok@yahoo.com

Oooh.. Nice boots ;o)