Tuesday, February 03, 2009


Look! Look! A Finished Object! I know, I can hardly believe it myself. I started this in November and just finished it last week.

It's the Patsy Swing Cardigan from The Point and I highly recommend this pattern to anyone who wants to knit a first time cable sweater. It was their pattern of the month for November and I bought the recommended yarn, as well. The pattern is a dream and super easy to knit. It's knit from the top down, though, and being a cardigan, the stockinette gets a little tedious towards the end.


I think this may be one of the first sweaters that I've made that I'll really wear. I usually end up so unhappy with the way I look in the finished product that I stuff it in a drawer.

I've been a really impatient knitter up until now, but I think I'm entering a new phase where I can knit from challenging patterns and take my time to undo mistakes and check for fit. I'm less concerned with having a finished item than having an item finished well.

Words to live by.

No comments: