Wednesday, December 05, 2007

This is just a quick update on the kitties:

Penelope is going to the vet tomorrow. We can't figure out what is wrong with her.

The rug is gone and just when she and Monk seemed to be settling down, everything escalated this morning. The fighting was so viscous that we couldn't get between them. I was actually scared and covered my head with a blanket!! It seemed like the couldn't be stopped!!!! Penelope lost control and fell out of the loft! (6 feet off the floor!!) She's not injured, but she and Monk cannot even be near each other.

She's been in quarantine in the bathroom since 6am this morning. Whenever I go in to sit with her, she purrs and rubs against my leg like a normal happy kitty! She just can't be near the her brother. Maybe we need to give him a bath? But Master P and I *both* handled the rug and she's happy as can be when we come around!

I'm so stressed out and I haven't slept soundly for 4 days because of the hissing and growling! Wish us luck, dear ones!

2 comments:

staceyk said...

Good luck at the vet. My cat, Pete, has his paws crossed for you guys! This will all get figured out!

Sarah / Blue Garter said...

I'm hoping the vet was able to offer some insight - it sounds awful! There's a product called Feliway that you can spray on stuff that's supposed to make cats feel calmer and more secure in their territory, but it's wicked expensive.

My cat has terrible fights with the neighbor's cat; we break them up by throwing a doormat or something else heavy and alarming right near them. And we keep iodine on hand to disinfect any punctures so they don't abscess.

Good luck, Rebecca - I hope things get sorted out really soon!