Friday, December 07, 2007

I've recently been blessed with a regular freelance gig. I know it sounds like an oxymoron, but I'm working at this place, as a freelancer, indefinitely. It's actually a pretty sweet deal. The result is a very, regular schedule (and lots of money).

Normally, I'm a roll-out-of-bed-at-the-last-minute, grab-a-coffee-on-the-corner kind of gal. Anyone who knows me, knows that if they call me on a day off, at anytime before 10am, I'll be asleep. But recently my circumstances have changed.

The regular gig, in combination with the cat problems, has me getting up, oh, around 6:30am. Normally, this is NOT COOL, but I'm getting used to it. I've realized many things this past week, like, getting up early allows you to accomplish things you normally didn't have time for. Also, getting up early allows you to feel calm and awake when you get to the subway (rather than frantic and sucking down caffeine.)

I can't tell you how long this will last. Probably about as long as the gig. (Didn't I say that was indefinite??)

2 comments:

spajonas said...

i don't think that i'll ever sleep till 10AM again :(

Veronique said...

Congrats on the awesome job!