Friday, August 31, 2007


The Raleigh Hotel
Originally uploaded by Needleworks, Inc.
Thanks to everyone who sent us Well Wishes for our vacation - it was much appreciated!

So, we went to Miami. In August. Crazy, I know. It was hot, but it was just what the doctor ordered. Nothing but lots of sun, Cuban food and rum. That's a pretty good prescription.

This is a picture of The Raleigh Hotel. It wasn't out hotel, but we fell in love with the beautiful pool and ended just about every day there. Can you get a good look at that tree? There were live orchids growing in the nooks and it was hung with lanterns that lit up as the sun went down. It is a truly magical place.

My beach tote got a great deal of use and it proved to be a perfect design - just right size for magazines, books, water and beach towels for Master P and myself. I was very, very pleased.

I used to go to Miami at least once a month for work, and Master P used to live there, oh, about 10 years ago, so we didn't take many tourist-y pictures, but for more of our trip, go here.

I was really busy the week before my vacation so there will be more updates, as I promised. Stay tuned.

No comments: