Monday, June 11, 2007

*sigh* It's such a delicious day here at The Works. For the first time in before I can remember, I've had two days off in a row. I am so happy.

I slept in, walked to the corner to get bagels and made a big pot of coffee. I've been catching up on all of your blogs and munching on strawberries from the Green Market, while Master P watches The Food Network in the background. This, my friends, is my idea of a great day.


Oh, I should tell you about this amazing little bag. It was made for me by the incredible Barbara Kerr. Barbara can do anything. She knits and crochets and sews and cooks and she lives on a boat. She is unequivocally generous and giving. She inspires me and encourages me and teaches me. I find myself surprised to have found a mentor, at my age. I guess my age isn't really old, but it's been a while since someone has come along who is everything that Barbara is. As a child, you are learning new things every day and every adult you meet is a teacher is some way. When you finish with school, you kind of figure you've stopped learning. At least you aren't learning at the same rate, especially if you don't try to challenge yourself.
Barbara not only challenges herself, but gently pushes you to do new things as well. And, well, that's what a mentor should do. No?

No comments: