Tuesday, June 12, 2007


These two lovelies are my latest acquisitions. I purchased them from The Black Apple, whose blog and work I adore.
I feel as though these two are me, at different points in my life. They even look like me a little bit. I was definitely that girl with the braids and the little dress who had to adjust the way she approached the world. The older one is me in High School Me, who had to adjust the way she approached people. I'm slightly shocked at how personal they are and though they may seem harsh, the words in these drawings are lessons that really resonate for me.
I love the fragile, slightly sad quality of The Black Apple's drawing and paintings. These two will have a special place in my little world. Hopefully I'll have them framed soon and will be able to share them with you!


No comments: