Wednesday, September 27, 2006

the little sock that could


Paul Revere House
Originally uploaded by Needleworks, Inc..

Boy, yesterday's post looks like real junk, huh? I'm still mastering this multiple photo's thing. My internet connection at The Works is too slow to even allow it, so I posted from work, after hours, and I guess I was just too tired to get it to look right.

This is a pcture of my Jaywalker sock in Boston. It was only approriate that I brought the Jaywalkers with me. I had a nice, four hour-train ride to work on this sock and it was enough time to knit the heel flap, turn the heel and pick up stitches for the gusset.

I have to tell you, though, I'm really disappointed in it. The tension on my heel, where I had to work back and forth, is so much looser than the rest of the sock. It looks awful. Just awful. And I don't much like that knitting backwards business. Oh, well, I don't know if I see many more socks in my future.

Oh yeah, I spent the weekend in Boston. It was fun. We were real tourists and did all kinds of tourist stuff. You can see more pics on my flickr page.

(And you know what else, I must have been really, really tired last night because ANTM isn't even on on Tuesday. It's on tonight! Tonight, by the way, is a major TV night. I don't know if I can handle it!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll help you with that there sock. You know you want it.

Macoco said...

next time you're in town - give me a holler! I love going to cities and doing some touristy stuff. I've been to NYC tons of times but have yet to see the statue of liberty or coney island, etc.

Anonymous said...

I've never been to Boston, but it sounds like so much fun. And I'm sorry about your sock--take John up on his offer of assistance, I'm sure he can make things right for you.