Monday, August 28, 2006

hello


stack by lamp
Originally uploaded by Needleworks, Inc..

This is a stack on my work table, next to my favorite avacado green lamp. Yes, there is only one lamp. Maybe I'll tell you that story another time.

The stack consists of (starting from the bottom) some books and magazines that are part of knitting WIPs, clothes that I can no longer wear, but don't want to part with, Tulip waiting for some adjustments, my needle roll and notions pouch. (That blue floral fabric is the first skirt I ever made, four dress sizes ago).

My weekend was cut short this week (because I'm going on vacation at the end of the week). Sunday, however, was quite lovely.

Master P and I had brunch in Williamsburg with a long ago friend. Ursula was our closest friend when we lived in Paris. She's spent the last 4 years in Cairo, working as a journalist, and is now getting her master's degree at NYU. I am so happy she's in NYC, at least for a little while!

We puttered around The Needleworks for most of the rainy afternoon and then had a very impromtu dinner with another dear friend that we don't get to see very often, because he's a very busy fella.

On the menu: white bean & celery crostini, pasta with pesto, chicken, and zucchini, the season finale of Entourage, ripe peaches and strawberries, some great wine and a few episodes of The Venture Brothers. Lovely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your day, and night, both sound lovely. Pasta and Sunday night HBO, baby.