Friday, May 05, 2006

what if i told you...


sweetwater grill
Originally uploaded by Needleworks, Inc..
What if I told you that I almost died today? I'm serious. I almost died, because I almost went so insane that I almost shot myself in the head.

I always hesitate to reveal too much about myself on this blog. Especially because of the nature of my blog (knitting, etc.) and the place where I work (a knitting store) and talking about things like work would lead to comments like, "Ooo did you hear what Rebecca said about working at Blankity Blank?" But people who read my blog are people who know me so they know where I work anyway. So what the heck?

My job made me crazy today. I cried twice and almost snapped a pen in half with my teeth. And I almost shot myself in the head to escape the agony that is retail management. And I worked about 12 hours. That's too much.

I'll admit that most of this is due to the fact that I'm a big pushover and have very little backbone, if any. But it doesn't change the fact that I feel like having a great, big, fat martini.

By the way, this is a photo that I took at Sweetwater Grill in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. They have great, big, fat martinis. With three olives. I love it there.

2 comments:

Katy said...

If you must go around shooting yourself in the head, use a water pistol...

Paula K said...

I feel you - had one of those days yesterday and had to take today off to recuperate! Hope it gets better for both of us ;-)