Thursday, May 04, 2006

Secret Pal 8 Questionnaire


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love mohair, merino wool and really good wool blends. I am not a fan of knitting with pure silk or cotton.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I store my needles in a needle case that I made myself!

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for about 4 years. I would call myself intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Hm, no.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like clean or floral scents. Nothing fruity or spicy.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! Oh! I also love combos like chocolate and mint or chocolate and orange. Yum!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I also sew and embroider. And cook. Does that count as DIY?

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love old jazz standards (Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald) and old Soul and R&B (Otis Redding, Etta James). I am totally MP3 friendly.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I like cool colors, like blues and greens, and jewel tones, like deep ruby, burgundy, and purple.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my boyfriend and our two cats, Penelope and Monk.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves and hats. Not much of a mitten-wearer. I own one poncho that I knit a long time ago.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Purses, hats, simple sweaters.

13. What are you knitting right now? Intarsia wobbly Circles bag from Interweave knits.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Addi Turbos!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No

17. How did you learn to knit? I taught myself from one of my mom's old books from the 70's

18. How old is your oldest UFO? About a year old.

19. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas definitely.

20. Is there anything that you collect? Cool pin cushions, buttons. But generally I try not to accumulate too many things that collect dust.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Gosh I'm boring. There's nothing that I really want. (It's hard when you work at a knitting store!) I don't subscribe to any knitting magazines.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I really need to try entrelac. Also knitting in the round from the top down.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I don't really knit socks.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 01/23

No comments: