Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ah, yes. OK. The sewing. It began back around April 14th with the fabrication of aproximately 40+ pillows. It ended last weekend with a two day marathon of slip covers.

No matter how often I agree to knit or sew something for someone else, I still get that little, metaphorical dragging-of-the-heels that comes with a deadline or a project I "have" to do. There are my own projects that are languishing while I slave away on a tank top or a pillow cover that I won't even get to keep! In the end, I am proud of what I produced and I usually have learned something new or honed a skill, but it's still not mine.

And we come to the root of my crafting personality, again. I'm not a Process Person. I am a Results Person. I make, not for the sake of making, but for what I will get out of it in the end. Herein lies the struggle. But I do it anyway. I pimp myself out in exchange for free yarn or a weekend at the beach. I guess it's really not so bad.

And as I said, "In the end, I am proud of what I produced."

cottage


kitchen

****Go here to see my prize student. I cut the fabric and pressed the seems, but he sewed, what may very well be, the Most Perfect Pillowcase Ever all by himself.

No comments: