Saturday, January 19, 2008


Simple socks from Cat Bordhi's book, "Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles". The first pair of socks that I've ever made.

OK, so maybe that's not exactly true. Maybe I did knit a pair of house socks for myself out of Sweet Georgia's Speed Demon sock yarn. Somehow, that didn't seem quite the same.

These took longer than I wanted. Luckily, the recipient won't know that I only just finished her Christmas present last night. Or she might now, if she reads my blog, which I don't think she does, so we're still in the clear.

I knit these at the same time, meaning, I knit the leg on one, then the other, turned the heel on one, then the other, etc. I can't quite handle two at a time on the same needles, so this was my solution and I worked like a charm. I used Regia sock yarn, two skeins, and had a ridiculous amount left over which I, scandalously, threw away.

I'm pleased with these, but glad that their finished.

No comments: