Thursday, December 13, 2007

It's finally Christmas at The Works!

We trimmed the tree on Tuesday and found we were sadly lacking in ornaments. The original ones we had were from, believe it or not, our first tree together from when we lived in France. They all managed to make it Stateside without breaking. (I attribute this to my awesome packing abilities!) Well the Christmas trees in Paris are quite small and so we didn't need quite to many. And our last tree, when we lived in a shoebox on the Upper East Side, was quite tiny as well. This year we bought a nearly 10ft. tall tree! Luckily, Macy's had Martha Stewart Everyday ornaments at 40% off!

In this picture you can get quite a peak at what life at The Works is like. See our concrete floors and super high ceilings? It makes it very hard to heat but thanks to the area rug, that was an early gift from my parents, and some new space heaters and new double-paned windows, things are just about cosy these days.

The gift-making is at about 80% complete. I'm quite proud of myself, but trying to not be too cocky. I still have some work cut out for myself. All but 2 or 3 people are getting handmade gifts this year.

There's still sewing to do and candy to make! Excuse me, I've got to go get busy!

No comments: