Wednesday, June 27, 2007


pillow cases
Originally uploaded by Needleworks, Inc.
The last time I was home, I went rummaging through my grandmother's stash of hand embroidered goods. She has, literally, a stash. She has so much, that all of it is just secreted away in the drawers of dressers in rooms that nobody uses anymore.
My mom told me that she was afraid that no one would want them. No one? What about me? I want them! I snatched up as many as I could carry and humbly asked if I could take them home.
There they are - the black and orange ones. They're pillow covers and they just happen to match my silly couch from Ikea, which has orange flowers all over. Let me tell you, it's not easy to find pillows to match a couch that has orange flowers all over it.
The green ones are from a Jonathan Adler warehouse sale. I rushed over there on the last day praying that there would be something left, when I saw those gorgeous apple green needlepoint pillow covers. They were mine! At 80% off!
How perfectly they compliment my grandmother's pillow cases! I love the combination of old and new. It makes me so happy! (What's old is new again.)

No comments: