Thursday, June 28, 2007


There are few things that say "Summer!" to me like a new comfy skirt. Summertime at The Works will most likely find me trying to sew as many as possible. This pattern may just be my new favorite!

I purchased this "It's a Wrap!" pattern from Indygo Junction and the fabric (they're both by Denyse Schmidt) at Purl Patchwork. I made a nearly frantic run there almost two weeks ago. Something in the air was whispering to me, "Must. Make. Skirt!" After I finally got around to washing the fabric, the skirt only took an hour to make - about 15 minutes to cut out and 45 minutes to sew. The pattern didn't call for it, but I bought contrasting fabric and made the skirt reversible.

I finished it on Monday morning before going to meet Jill for an afternoon of crafty shopping. We went to Daytona Trimmings (where I bought buttons for my pink sweater) and Mood (where I bought still more fabric.) Sadly there are no pictures. I think we were both too addled by the heat to have the forethought to document our day.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oooh! I like to flowery one! I may have to look into that pattern....thanks a lot! :)

Knittini said...

love the skirts, love the fabric, and its totally not lame to love the earth!