Thursday, April 26, 2007


skirtmosaic
Originally uploaded by Needleworks, Inc..
The yarn and thread and needles have certainly been flying at The Works these last couple of weeks. There's something about the abundance of daylight that makes me want to rise early and get to workin'.

I finally finished my plaid skirt. Do you detect a slightly preppy theme for my spring and summer wardrobe? I'm obsessed. Totally obsessed!

The pattern was from Wendy Mullin's Sew U. I really, truly love this book. I found that there are all kinds of tips in here that I never knew (being mostly a self-taught sew-er) and the language she uses is really plain. This was, seriously, an incredibly easy pattern to follow and the results are really professional-looking.

I'm still hard at work on The Urban Naturalist's sweater. I've given up knitting the sleeves in the round and he ripped them out all by himself last night while we watched TCM. I've also learned to use the sweater as a bargaining chip for getting what I want from time to time. (Can you get me a glass of water? I'm knitting your sweater right now.) Is that wrong?

1 comment:

Macoco said...

Nope - nothing wrong with that! Will you cook, clean, go to work for me...I AM knitting you a sweater! ;)