Tuesday, March 27, 2007

tidying up


pillow detail
Originally uploaded by Needleworks, Inc..
I haven't just been cleaning up The Works this week. I've been trying to clean up the little projects that have been hanging around.

This is the second in pair of pillows that I started back in January. I have one in orange and one in brown, backed with the most perfect shade of avocado green velvet. Now the velvet and the felt don't feel very Spring-like, but I'm happy to have them finished.

The motif is a Hawaian Ti leaf from a book on traditonal Hawaian quilting and applique. I can't remember what's it's called. I only have the motifs now. I know that's very responsible blogging, but have no info to share.

Up next, a skirt made from vintage fabric I found a while back.

Tonight I'm heading to Mid-town to try and see the elephants on their way to Madison Square Garden. Apparently, they parade down 34th Street.

No comments: