Monday, February 12, 2007

blast!


buffalo chart
Originally uploaded by Needleworks, Inc..

This is where I've been camped out for 2 days. I'm valiantly trying to finish The Urban Naturalist's sweater. See all the essential items I've gathered around me so that I don't have to leave the couch?

This is not my first attempt at intarsia. You may have noticed my Wobbly Circles Tote languishing for some time on my progress bar. I have to admit that I don't really think it's for me. I'm having a really hard time enjoying knitting this.

I started out trying to simply strand the leg section using a fair isle technique, but it looked so, so horrible I tore it all out. Now I'm using intarsia on the whole thing. It looks a lot neater and more pollished, but I have more little bobbins and butterflies hanging off of my knitting than you can possible conceive.

The front of the sweater went so quickly that this is a little discouraging, but I will soldier on! Never fear! I was hoping to have it completed by Wednesday, but that may be just a little ambitious. Blast, again!

1 comment:

Macoco said...

Don't let the buffalo get the best of you! That chart does look a little intimidating though.