Sunday, September 03, 2006

the spoils of home

Some things I do almost immediately upon arriving at my parents' house.

1. Raid my mom's closet:

My mother is quite the fashion-plate and she never throws anything away. As a result, every few years or so, I get to rediscover some very cool stuff. This is a pin made from a walnut shell and a beaded necklace from when she was in college.

2. Hit the thrift stores:


I found these shirts at the local thrift shop. They just called out to me to buy them. I am going to make them into a patchwork something, but I'm not sure yet. Any thoughts? I also scored a cool, olive green, corduroy suit and a pleated, calf-length, wool skirt.

3. Go shoe shopping:


I always hit the Target and DSW in NJ. I find it so much more palatable shopping for shoes here than in NYC. It's less cut-throat. I picked up these babies yesterday. Aren't they the cutest?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um hello!!! I wanna go to the thrift stores YOU go to!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the shoes! Lucky!

Anonymous said...

I had never even heard of knitting until I read this site. Thanks for the enlightenment--The Urban Naturalist.