Tuesday, May 09, 2006

the yarn that time forgot


sad yarn
Originally uploaded by Needleworks, Inc..
Do not be confused. This is not my stash. Well, I guess that depends on how you define "stash". I have nice bags of pristine yarn that is destined to be knit into this sweater or that. That's in the bottom of my closet.

This is leftover yarn. Yarn that was left over when I finished whatever random project I was working on. Like golf club covers. Or knitted cupcakes.

Right there on top is some yarn of great debate. It is Celia by Adrienne Vittadini. It is 100% silk. It is my greatest nightmare. It began life as a tank top from Knit 1 magazine, designed by Teva Durham. It has met its end, here, in the bin of unwanted yarn.

I've never just given up on a project until now. This one was just not fun anymore and I couldn't care less if it was every finished. I just didn't want to knit a bias-striped silk tank on size 2 needles. I just didn't.

What's a girl to do? I feel like it's too pretty to be ignored, but it will never, ever be a tank top. Maybe a quadruple-stranded scarf? I just don't have the energy to care right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rebecca! I am your secret pal for SP8. I tried to send you an e-mail, but it was returned. I am assuming that you have a filter on your email account. So if you could add me to your email list, I can try again. My email adress is momof2inill@yahoo.com . Thanks, hope to speak with you soon! Stacey