Sunday, February 12, 2006

pot au fool


pot au fool
Originally uploaded by Needleworks, Inc..
So I managed to pound out the back of my Knitting Olympics sweater in two days. But something has gone terribly wrong. I swear I read the pattern correctly, but the left shoulder is longer than the right.

I'm very frustrated and stranded in the middle of the first real blizzard of the year. I've put the back aside and decided to just go ahead and cast on for the front and just stop when I get to the shoulder shaping. I'll have to bring it to work and ask one of my co-workers for help, maybe John, because he knows everything about kntting.

So, I am stranded, as a matter of speaking, and planning on making something warm and homey in my brand spaking new dutch oven from Le Creuset! I'm so in love with it and it's beautiful french blue color. It was a gift from mom and dad for my birthday. They thought I was nuts for asking for it, but they got it for me anyway.

So it's a day of knitting, cooking and Olympic watching ahead of us at The Works. I have to say that I was really disappointed with the pairs figure skating last night. What's with the new scoring system? It sucks. And I'm also tired of hearing about Bode Miller. I'm going to try to find some curling on ESPN 8 or something.

No comments: