Thursday, January 26, 2006

zig zag scarf revisited


Silk Garden2
Originally uploaded by Needleworks, Inc..
Remember when I had to rip out my modular knits zig zag scarf? That really hurt. But I had to, you know? I didn't realize that I was working an extra repeat on each triangle, so the scarf was growing wider! I don't know how I missed it, but I did. And I didn't notice until it was all done. Really.
So I knit it again. This is the only time I've ever ripped something out and knit it again. I found it really annoying and not fun at all.
The scarf is to be gifted any day now, so I had to finish it right away. Not like I could put it aside until I felt like knitting it again. No sir-ee.
But now it's done and it's lovely. Noro Silk Garden it truly a pleasure to work with and the pattern by Iris Schreier is ingenious. I mean, look what it does with the Noro stripes! It's amazing.
And I will never knit it again. Maybe.

No comments: