Friday, January 27, 2006

blurry photos


sauveterre
Originally uploaded by Needleworks, Inc..
My goodness - it's cashmere people! I cannot stress enough how much I love to knit with this yarn.
This is A.L. de Sauveterre Mont Blanc in colorway Coco. I'm knitting a cartridge rib on size 8 needles. I have two skeins and there is going to be more than enough to make a super luxurious scarf for the lucky recipient. I was afraid that 400 yards on such a small gauge (about 6 sts/in) wouldn't be enough to make anything substantial, but using the bigger needles and the great stitch pattern really stretched the yarn. And I don't know if you can tell from my blurry photo, but it's not a weird hole-y, lace-y scarf. It's lofty and squishy and soft.
I adore Axelle so much! Not only is she a lovely person, but this is, by far, my favorite yarn ever.

1 comment:

illanna said...

That looks like a gorgeous scarf with gorgeous yarn! I've drooled over that yarn before online, but I've never seen it in person. I'm glad to hear that it's your favorite. Maybe I'll order some! Thanks for your comment on my blog and compliments on my hair. I can't wait to read the rest of your blog!