Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Welcome back




Hello there!  It's nearly two weeks into the new year and I'm finally getting around to saying hello to you all - how rude of me!

I had a week off of work between Christmas and New Year's and it was the loveliest week ever.  I had very little expectations as far as plans go and it was just the perfect balance of relaxing and doing.


We had fancy coffee every morning for breakfast.


We did silly things like make our own baguettes so we could recreate sandwiches that we had in Spain.  (OK, I didn't make any baguettes, but the Man did.  And they were awesome.)

Of course the sandwich fixin's required a special trip to a store in Queens that makes their own chorizo.


And I made these napkins just in time for New Year's Eve dinner.  


Did you also know that my blog turned 6 years old?  I've been doing a lot of thinking re: the blog and I'm going to try to shake things up a bit.  The blogisphere has changed so much since I started in 2005 and a lot of the blog friends I had are no longer writing.  
I have big plans for 2012 - how about you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog