Sunday, December 12, 2010

In which she makes something crafty

I had a Sunday at home for the first time in what seemed like months. I used the rainy weather as an excuse to lock myself indoors and do some nesting. Or, rather, crafting.

I had bought some nylon thread ages ago, with the intention of making a garland similar to this, but after decorating my tree this week, I felt it was a little empty looking. So, Christmas garland it was!!

I used felt, because it didn't need any hemming and cut about a billion little triangles with my rotary cutter and mat. You basically line up the corner on the bias line and cut horizontally and then diagonally. And voila! Tons of triangles.

Then you just run them through your sewing machine. I made the garland in three sections. It was more manageable that way and I could also gauge how much more I needed as I went along.


This was a really quick, easy and satisfying project and, at probably less than a 1/4 yard of felt, it was also very affordable I've dialed it way back on the crafts this holiday season and it feel pretty good. I'm looking forward to a relaxing Christmas season and I hope you all are, too!!

No comments: