Friday, June 05, 2009


About a week ago, it looked like Spring was in full swing in NYC. The good weather was infectious and I responded by planting a little window garden. I have oregano, rosemary, thyme and basil. All seem to be doing very well, thank you. I hope that they'll continue to thrive all year long, seeing as they're inside and all.


And outside! Outside is glorious! Every single front yard on my block has an enormous rose bush in bloom. Simply walking down the street is a heady experience. Our rosebush, for which I've been waiting patiently to bloom since October, has finally let forth with an amazing number of blooms. More than enough for me to snip three or four a week and keep my dining room table looking cute.

On this dreary day it's nice to have a little reminder of the sunshine!

No comments: