Tuesday, March 17, 2009


I saved these roses from what was going to be a long, sad, lonely death in our flower refrigerator at work and stashed them in what is my new favorite Winter-Spring transitional handbag.

It's actually a tool bag from Klein Tools, but I loved the unbleached, heavy-weight canvas and metal and leather buckles, so I ordered one. They also have some all leather bags with which I am only mildly obsessed. They're pretty reasonable and oh, so sturdy! And I only feel a little silly carrying it when I run into one of the many construction workers buying their morning coffee at the corner bodega.

(I was so smitten with the roses/bag combo that I didn't even notice the tacky ad for laser hair removal on the newspaper that I used to wrap them up. Nice.)

3 comments:

CityMinx said...

I am seriously loving your photography these days....

Anonymous said...

I don't know, I think the Lazer Hair Removal kind of makes the shot! You think it's just this pretty soft wistfully romantic picture, and then you read the paper and get this biting twist on the feminine imagery. Or maybe I just studied too much social science at my liberal arts college. Anyway, I dig it. ;)

Jess littlebunny.etsy.com said...

haha the laser removal ad caught my eye, but is is a beautiful picture nonetheless. one of these days you will have to teach me how to be a better photographer.