Monday, June 02, 2008

Actual knitting content!

Simple Summer Shell

This tank felt like it took forever to make, but, in actuality, it only took 3 weeks.

This is the Pattern of the Month for The Point, for June. They wanted a really simple shell for, oh, say, an advanced beginner. I though that was a brilliant idea because I can't tell you how many times I had a request for one when I worked there!

This was made from -4 skeins of Classic Elite Cotton Bam Boo. Though the yarn was really lovely, it was torture for me. I ended up knitting it on size #1 needles to get 6 stitches to the inch!!! The fabric that was the result of this labor of love was drape-y, with a slight sheen. I can't say it was totally worth it for me, but for those who don't have the crazy tension issues that I do, you should give it a try.

Go to The Point's blog or Ravelry for more info! And, of course, The Point for the pattern!

1 comment:

spajonas said...

ooooh, lovely! the bottom lace is a great idea :)