Sunday, October 08, 2006

a clue for the mystery sweater


buttons & beads
Originally uploaded by Needleworks, Inc..

I've reached a real turning point with They Mystery Sweater, where I know have a fully realized vision of what she will be.

Before now, I was making it up as I knit, changing my mind often and re-knitting frequently.

I know now, for example, that these lovely white buttons will play an integral part. Stay tuned.

The beads are jade and were purchased at this really cool import store in DUMBO. John B, Master P and I took a little field trip earlier this week and stumbled into this shop. I couldn't tell you where it was, though I may be able to find it again. Perhaps. I really want to go back and buy a couple of these really cool pieces of coral.

Now I don't know the first thing about jewelry making or beading, but I had to have these. I really want to make them into a necklace, but don't know where to begin. Can anyone give me some advice on where to shop, what to do, etc.? Help! I'm lost!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beads of Paradise http://tinyurl.com/n8sgk

Anonymous said...

Let's go to NY Beads. It rules.

Macoco said...

The jade beads are incredible.