Wednesday, July 12, 2006

vest!


vest!
Originally uploaded by Needleworks, Inc..
Made of: 3 skeins of Noro Transitions, knit on size 9 addi turbos

Time to knit: about 3 days

I made this pattern up as I went along. I knit a 2x2 rib in the round until just under the bust area, then started working back and forth, shaping the v neck and increasing for the bust at the same time. Then I divided the piece in 3 and worked the back, and left and right fronts seperately. All you have to do is sew up the shoulders and pick up stitches around the V and the armholes to finish it.

(Yes, I always read while standing up against the wall. Sheesh!)

6 comments:

spajonas said...

oh, i just love the stripey colors! is that noro kuryeon?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Very chic! I need to work on my reading while standing pose!

Anonymous said...

omg omg omg omg omg!!!! Love it!!!!! Very nice. And very very sexy nerdy librarian!!!! Success!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow - that's an awesome vest! I may borrow this idea, but add some cables for some cascade 220 I have!!

Now get out of that wool and into the AC!

Oh, and I read standing up by the wall all the time!

city girl said...

oooh, i like it!

Jeanine said...

Nice!